HR OFFICER – Dubai, UAE
About the job
Do you have a passion for making connections? Would you like to shape the talent in a next generation company that is defining the future of global commodity trading?
We are Cobblestone Energy, and we are looking for a curious and innovative HR Business Partner who will be an advocate of Cobblestone’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organisations, creating an exceptional employee experience and making sure all people decisions are based on data.
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm, founded in 2017. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialize in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
Over the years we have grown organically. As part of our journey to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome an HR Officer into our HR (Human Resources) team. For this role we are looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience in HR who has a passion for driving performance through people initiatives and employee engagement.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
As an HR Officer, you will be responsible for assisting the HR Business Partner in developing, retaining, and supporting an exceptional group of people and executing on our people strategy. You will also be responsible for being the organizational culture and wellbeing specialist and ensuring that we develop a maintain and healthy and supportive organizational culture. We are looking for someone personable and highly efficient who can deliver results.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our HR team
- Opportunity to work closely with the management team.
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and autonomy over projects.
- Adopt a proactive and innovative approach to Employee Engagement and well-being to ensure our people are listened to, understood and solutions are focused on evolving our employee experience and culture
- Conduct regular organizational pulse checks by holding periodic catch-up sessions with all team members individually and present findings to the management regularly to improve organizational culture and environment
- Arrange regular team-building events and other relevant sessions and events to improve and maintain team spirit within the organization
- Handle the end-to-end grievance identification and conflict management processes in order to ensure employee issues are resolved timely and effectively
- Assist the development of a strong Employer Brand within the target markets
- Assist in maintaining a high-performance culture through a strong and relevant performance and recognition management system, reviewed and updated regularly
- Assist in Capability Development and Learning to ensure our people thrive and benefit from the advancement of our learning culture
- Assist in developing and implementing a process for Training Needs Analysis for our high potential employees in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, in order to maintain a strong talent succession pipeline internally
- Assist in regular review and update of our compensation and benefits structure by conducting periodic benchmarking of similar roles in the market
- Assist in the management of internal initiatives and programs and introduce new initiatives as per business needs
- Regularly review and advise on improvement of our service offerings to benefit the broader business across recruitment and onboarding, HR Systems, HR Programs, policy advice and reporting Use data and insights where possible to recommend ongoing improvements within the business
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university (preferred majors: Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management)
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR function covering various HR disciplines – experience in employee engagement, employee well-being, and grievance management is preferred.
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities.
- Strong EQ skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly understand key business challenges and strategic objectives and align HR services accordingly.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinking with growth mindset.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
The role will be based in our corporate office in Dubai.
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates