Technical Line Specialist
- Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Rail Operating System (BOS) Line Coach, this role will provide both initial and ongoing coaching to Supervisors and the general workforce in the application of the BOS tools and methods, and work to embed a new way of working.
You will upskill everyone in problem solving skills and support the frontline and leaders to develop and sustain new ways of working. You will be hands on in implementing systematic improvement and be central to the spread of operating practice across our business.
You will utilise innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value to our assets – setting new standards to guide improvement activity, elevating and supporting our people. You will gain insight and training in the BOS methodology and will be expected to upskill others through your work.
The team will be comprised of both Fly In Fly Out and Residential team members for Port Hedland rail operations. The FIFO roster will be 5/3/4/2 and residential rosters will be a 5/2 roster.
Your key deliverables include:
- BOS tools embedded among the Frontline;
- Continuous improvements in frontline safety, productivity, and cultural metrics;
- Progress reports on implementation and other BOS tools;
We are looking for individuals that possess business knowledge, demonstrate excellence in leadership on a day-to-day basis, who are innovative with a bias to action, effectively influence others and have a strong ability to build capability in others and lead change.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- The ability to effectively identify opportunities to increase value and eliminate hazards, waste and variability;
- Strong problem solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions;
- Experience as an Execution Supervisor or similar;
- Ability to understand production/maintenance (systems) data;
- Ability to engage with all levels of the business from frontline employees to higher level management;
- Experience with CI methodologies is desirable.
- You will receive full BOS Immersion training to support your role and ongoing mentoring and guidance from experienced Coaches and ensure your success.
- Your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced and you will be working with a Manager who encourages open communication and will empower you to utilise your existing knowledge and skills to make a real difference.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.